Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011


Cakewrecks.com is the best, isn't it? I am sad to report this was NOT my shower cake. I had a boring old ice cream cake for my work shower this week. If you know me, this would be obvious as sarcasm, because ice cream cakes are my favorite! (Gosh, can a pregnant lady pick a favorite cake? I kind of feel bad saying that, because I am an equal-opportunity cake lover!) So I had a work shower this week and it was so sweet! I was really touched by the effort everyone put in and how they took time out of their days to celebrate. People were very generous - I got most of the accessories that match the crib bedding, which is cuter than I remember! It was funny to have guys there watching me open gifts. :)

What else is new this week? Rob was away last weekend and I spent the nights at my parents' house. It was a nice break - I was pampered. I also used the gift certificate from Rob for a prenatal massage, which was wonderful! What a thoughtful husband (and I only had to hint one time!). It was funny when he got back - he said that, when he left, I certainly looked pregnant. But when he got back, he said it was unbelievable, or some such adjective you don't generally hope to hear applied to your belly. I got a good laugh over that one!

I had my first appointment with the midwife in the new practice this week, and that went well! I have gained another pound, putting me at 18. I have enjoyed the comments from people that it's all belly, though. :) I do fit into pre-pregnancy clothes with the exception of this beachball in front!

I've been reading lots of books and blogs on natural birth, etc. Although I know there is a line of where I have too much information and psych myself out, I feel better being prepared. And I love reading birth stories - the good and the bad.

So that's about it! I'm feeling good and the baby has been active this week. Time is flying by! I am starting to get pretty frantic about fixing up the nursery and getting the house all set (I am an absolutely terribly housekeeper). I just know April will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. That cake totally freaks me out! Have you read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth? It was definitely my favorite, all birth stories.

    ReplyDelete