Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This pregnancy has been brought to you by...



...the makers of Nilla Wafers and Peanut Butter Snickers. Oh, and clementines. Seriously, this baby appears to love sweets because these are my staples. Anyway - hello! Greetings from THIRTY WEEKS PREGNANT. Damn. I feel like every post is me freaking out about how pregnant I am, but I am continually shocked by how quickly time is passing.

I also like my face in this picture. I think I look very proud of my enormity. Somewhat funny note, on Sunday when we took the picture, I wore a pair of my regular, non-maternity jeans (with an elastic band on the snap). I was very impressed with myself, and said the only way you'd know I was pregnant is because of the horizontal stripes on the shirt adding girth. ;) This is VERY funny to me, because I am huge!

So, what's new here? I'm doing pretty good and seem to have made it over the hump of a few weeks ago. Giant thanks go to my sister for lending me her body pillow - it has made such a difference in my sleep. Less thanks to my bladder for negating the comfort of the body pillow, though! I feel like a typically pregnant person with the bladder. And when I do go, I literally have to do a big circle with my upper body. I think the baby weight must be pinching my bladder in spots, because if I don't make sure to move I stand up and find that extra little pocket of pee that didn't make it out. :) Yes, TMI. But way milder than some of the other joys of pregnancy I could detail, so be thankful!

Rob and I toured the ABC as I mentioned in the last post and were blown away. It just felt...right. I mean, it stinks that the hospital only has one room (shouldn't it be "Alternative Birthing ROOM," instead of "Center," then?), but it's worth a try. I think even more than just the room, it really clicked that having a midwife is the right thing for us. The practice I was going to only has one, so trying the ABC isn't an option. So next week I am going to another practice, one with several midwives. I really hope it's a good fit! I've been reading up on what your body goes through in childbirth, and how things progress without medical intervention. (DISCLAIMER: I know this is all ideal, and things go wrong, I might not be able to handle it, etc. I am not against drugs or inductions or c-sections, but I'd like to give my body a chance to make this happen. You know, since it really dropped the ball at getting pregnant. Maybe it will be better at getting un-pregnant.) It's fascinating and I really want to try. Rob was also into it and incredibly supportive, which is awesome because I know for this to work I'll really need to rely on him during labor.

And basically, I'm a lot more scared of being someone's mother than going through labor. Gosh, it's not like I didn't want this! But whoa nellie is it scary sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you look wonderful. I had a midwife for my birth with Maddie and loved her. I still had an epidural but she was really helpful and helped me keep going when Maddie decided she didn't want to move! The funniest part was that she and Paul kept watching the Detriot Tigers playoff game in between pushes and had a great time. I hope you love the new practice and find a wonderful midwife. The personal touch is so nice. I also wanted to tell you I have heard wonderful things about the ABC and when it wasn't available, the doctors/midwives/nurses, did everything in their power to follow the wishes of the patient for a delivery the same at in the ABC (without actually being there). I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left before meeting your little one. I can't wait to see pictures and find out a gender, Not knowing what I was having with either one was the absolute best thing. It was this amazing surprise at the end of labor and we loved calling to tell people "It's a girl!"

    ReplyDelete