Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2/3 down...



I've crossed over - I am now in my Third Trimester! Kind of unbelievable! I just can't seem to wrap my head around how pregnant I am. Like, super-pregnant. Pregnant enough that I can see the baby move! Just last weekend I was sitting in the living room, watching a part of my body move without any input from me. Rob saw it, too! I feel like the baby might be head-down, since the movement up by my right ribs had to be legs. I am pretty fascinated by my belly in general. It's rock hard and sometimes looks lopsided, like the baby is hanging out on one side. We also perform daily belly button checks. Still an innie - but not by much! It's so strange how some days it's shallower than others.

I've heard a lot of pregnant women complain about people touching their bellies. Surprisingly (since I am a firm advocate of "this is my dance space, this is your dance space") I love when people touch my belly. It's just so cool! And I have absolutely no problem sharing the intimate details of my pregnancy with people. I love it. I think there was so much I didn't know before getting pregnant, and so much I'm fascinated with now that I'm here, that I don't mind being a source of uncomfortable TMI. So, hey, let any questions rip! It was a lot of fun to go to a party this weekend and get all the rubs and the comments on how I'm "all belly" (yay!) and the guesses on what we're having. Please vote if you haven't!

Interesting pregnancy development: I feel like I have on a pair of those underwear advertised in the back of magazines where there's a remote controlling the "magic" vibrations. Weirdest damn thing to be sitting at work and feel like you're getting intimate with a joy buzzer.

So the struggle to keep active with the 4 ft of snow on the ground continues! We bought snowshoes, which was awesome! It's such hard work, though. Even with Rob going first and tramping down a trail, especially because his gait is way longer than mine, so I have to take 2 steps for every one of his. We tried this weekend and I was pretty tired after! As we get closer, I am just so afraid of having a hard labor that ends in a C-section that I am trying to stay in some kind of shape. Not sure it will help, but it makes me less nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment