Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Plugging along!



Greetings from the Arctic Tundra! My car thermometer said "-7" this morning. It is COLD. And more snow is expected tomorrow. We've been whalloped this winter and it's only January! This weather blows for all of us. But since this is my blog and it's all about me, let me say it is pretty rotten to be pregnant now! I want to get outside SO BAD. I feel totally cabin-crazed and shuttered up inside and I want to go do something! I have been craving walking with the little aches and pains I have, but everything is so icy and there are no sidewalks. The dogs have already pulled me down once with the ice and my not-so-stellar balance.

We have been going to Lincoln Woods on the weekends to get out, though. It helps! They plow the big paved road around the lake and it's so nice to get some exercise in. It gets dark too early to do that during the week now, though. I hate winter!

Everything else is going well! I had a doctor appointment two weeks ago and things are looking fine! I passed my gestational diabetes test - yay me! With the PCOS and weight I am at a higher risk, so making it through without GD is an accomplishment! Yay me. :) Less impressive is my total weight gain...11 pounds. Now, I KNOW I'm pregnant and I'm supposed to gain weight. I am actually not a person who freaks out about weight. I guess I was just really hoping to gain as little as possible. They say when you're overweight before you get pregnant, to try to keep weight gain between 15-20 lbs. Gaining 11 by 24 weeks does not seem very on-track. But oh well. I'm trying!

Speaking of food, no weird cravings or anything. I like to eat but there hasn't been anything I MUST HAVE. :) I'm sure Rob is thankful to not have to run out at all hours to buy me pickles, etc.

1 comment: