Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

You've gotta see the baby!




He's breathtaking! (one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes ever!) And totally waving at you, can you see it??



Anyway, it's not a boy or a girl yet, so don't get all excited! The ultrasound tech explained that there is a genital tuber (awesome), that will either get bigger or smaller in a few weeks, depending on the sex. Hee hee. So it's both.




But everything looks good with the baby! Who is the size of a peach this week, by the way. Because I AM THIRTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT. Holy crap. This scan was done to measure the NT fold for potential cardiac defects, including Down's, but things appear to be within the normal range! (Knock on wood)




It was truly amazing, though, especially remembering the last time we saw the baby - a cashew at 7 weeks! Which really looked like a blob with a little bright spot (the heart). This looked like a baby! Well, it kinda looked like Alien. Something about the jaw, I think. But way more human in just 5 weeks. Can you imagine if we all grew and changed that much, that quickly?! It blows my mind.




So despite being late to the appointment thanks to people who don't know how to drive and I'm sure having a blood pressure much higher than normal, the baby was sleeping when we got in! The tech was funny, poking me and shaking me to get it to move certain ways. But it was sweet to see it all curled up. Literally the "fetal position," which I guess makes sense. :)




Rob's face when we were watching the screen was so sweet I couldn't help but tear up. The whole experience is just so unbelievable. I can't believe there's really a baby in there.


1 comment: