Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Checking in!


Surprisingly, I have less to say than I would've imagined. Hard to believe if you know me, right? Ha. But being pregnant is not the action-packed adventure I might have expected. I just took this picture so you can all marvel at how much I've grown in 3 weeks!


Nothing is really new! I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. It definitely feels different in the past few weeks. I actually feel not pregnant at all! Pretty much since hitting the second trimester I feel more like myself. Not that the first trimester was miserable at all, I know how lucky I was! But I was definitely exhausted. That has passed for the most part, thankfully!


I had an obstetrician appointment this week, so that's new. It was the first time I actually heard the heartbeat with the Doppler (basically, a belly microphone). Super cool! I think the heartbeat was at 151 beats per minute. It was also neat to hear the baby moving around, it sounded like static. Rob was upset he missed it, but he's been working crazy hours. Thankfully, I have a friend who is letting me borrow her Doppler - isn't that the sweetest thing? I am so grateful. Rob is dying to hear it, and I think it will be nice to check in on the babe when the mood strikes.


And call me crazy, but I think I may have felt some movement! It was kind of like little bubbles near my belly button. Of course, it could have been gas... :)


We also scheduled my big anatomy scan, the next ultrasound. For 12/1. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again! But I'm definitely disproportionally worried about them slipping and telling us the sex. Fingers crossed no one breaks the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment