Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Meeeee!


I am writing now as a woman in her 30's. No more straight-up 30 for me. THIRTY ONE. I would totally be dead if I were a dog. (This dog looks just like my beagle Layla, by the way!) My birthday was actually Saturday the 16th but I've been in a deep depression.
Ha, ha - that's not true! It's not really a big deal. It was a super wonderful birthday and I am so appreciative of my family and friends making it so special. But as an aside, and I hope this doesn't make me sound like an alcoholic, but jeez it's weird not to drink on my birthday!
I'm going to write about it briefly because I want to remember it! And also because I owe you a big post since I had my NT Scan yesterday, but I need to scan the pictures so I am holding off. Teaser! I need a scanner at home. I hate having to remember to scan ultrasound pictures before anyone comes into the office in the morning.
I woke up not-too-late on Saturday, after Rob got up to feed the dogs at 7, and took them for a nice walk in the park. When I got home, Rob got up to give me my presents! A really sweet teddy bear (the baby's first!) and a beautiful necklace. It's a heart with little diamonds and in the middle is a mother and baby. Awwww! So sweet. I teared up. It's absolutely beautiful and Rob is the best.
After that, we went apple picking! It was such a gorgeous fall day! I'm so happy we enjoyed it that way. We went with Rob's brother Ian, his girlfriend Brittany, and one of the autistic kids from their school. It was great fun! I learned lots about apples from Ian, who apparently went to "apple college" while working at a cider mill. Ha.
We went to one of our favorite restaurants, a little Mexican place, for dinner with my parents, sister, and sister's boyfriend. Great times! And everyone went in on a sweet flatscreen for Rob and me. I am very lucky and spoiled. :)
Then we went bowling with friends! I thought it would be a good way to do something where people could drink but I didn't feel like a tool for not! It was great and some of my favorite people. :) I love that one of my friends kept buying me Shirley Temples.
All in all, a great day. Also, I had broken down and gotten some maternity pants earlier in the week - I totally popped! I'm 12 weeks and I really look pregnant. Crazy!
I'm happy, lucky, and loved. And thrilled to be adding a baby to this life, family, and group of fabulous people!

No comments:

Post a Comment