Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Oops!


Ha, I really stink at updating. :) There really hasn't been much going on, though! Here is a random picture of one of my dogs in a laundry basket to apologize.

I had my first obstetrical appointment last week! I was so excited and was really hoping for some kind of proof I was still pregnant...an ultrasound, hearing the hearbeat, something! But nope. I was so disappointed after the appointment. When I was telling my mom about it, I kind of realized what the issue was. For most other pregnant woman, and for the nurses/midwives/doctors that see them, it's really no big deal. I would venture that most women don't spend the time thinking about what could go wrong that those of us with infertility do. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. What can I say, I'm a delicate flower! ;) It makes me realize how deep infertility reaches. And how differently you're treated at a fertility clinic than at an OB office!

I had my first gestational diabetes test, since I'm at a high risk due to my pal PCOS (and the extra pounds, of course). I didn't get the results, so I am hoping things are so far, so good in that way. I still feel like my blood sugar gets low if I don't eat often enough. And the office should be calling me this week in order to schedule my NT bloodwork and ultrasound. Probably sometime next week. I am so excited to see the baby again! It's the size of a lime this week, by the way. I'm 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. :)

So this week I am feeling a little different, though! I feel like the fog of exhaustion has lifted! I'm still not quite normal but I'm getting there! My nausea, which was already minor, has continued to decrease. I do know how lucky I've been in that area! And also, I think I can feel my uterus. Which is super weird. :) It's really hard and feels like a little muscle knot just above my pubic bone. I can see it below my normal gut. Hee hee. And Rob felt it, too!

He is so cute, by the way. I love how excited he gets when we talk about the baby, or I tell him a new feeling I have, or read the week's entry in "What to Expect." :)

Anyway, I swear I'll try to post more often. Scout's honor. Also, I'll be officially "In my Thirties" in a few days...my 31st birthday is this weekend. Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment