Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life Doesn't Stop

For so long, getting pregnant was the goal. I think I definitely didn't think through all the "what I'll do when I get there" details. :) So really, it's not that exciting right now. There isn't much going on. I'm hoping I've escaped the morning sickness beast for the most part, as I'm feeling much better and really wasn't that sick to begin with. I'm still so tired, but I'm managing! I have to say how wonderful Rob has been. He's really stepped up around the house and I truly appreciate it. I'm really very lucky! I finally made an obstetrician appointment, I have two (weird?) next week. I'm worried sometimes that I'm not pregnant anymore. I can't wait to be able to really see a bump and feel the baby, because it's hard not to obsess!

So I told work last week. One woman actually knew, because she knew about the cycles and how things were going. She has twins through IVF eight years ago. That support has been great! But I also told my immediate supervisor. Ugh. We don't really get along and this has not helped. He was supportive in a way, but this week he is actually pressuring me to tell the HR person and the (male) VP. I also told the owner last week. I like her, but her reaction was very "what about work?" focused. Which is fine, but I did expect her to be a little happier for me, since she also has a child through IVF and knew about my cycles.

But my supervisor pressuring me is really pissing me off. It feels like an invasion of my privacy. He's threatening to tell them for me, which is a huge breach of trust. I'm only 9 weeks! I don't see why I have to advertise yet. I only told him because I don't want to be asked to do certain sampling events due to exposure risk. This definitely hurt our already struggling relationship. Seriously, I feel very violated and offended by the way he is acting.

So work is not going well and I wish I could put it on hold to just focus on being pregnant. What a silly, self-absorbed dream, I know! :) Also, I'm a little bitter that the company is too small to have to adhere to FMLA and I get only 8 weeks (unpaid, of course). I expected more from a small, woman-owned company, to be honest. One of those times it doesn't pay to be an American woman, I guess. Our maternity benefits are just awful compared to other countries.

Sorry for the complaining post! It's raining and (surprise!) I'm tired. But I'm thrilled to be pregnant and thankful for all I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment