Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little bit pregnant


I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to get the hang of updating the blog. :)


Anyway, I am back at work after a nice and low-key Labor Day Weekend. This weekend definitely brought some changes physically. I am now 6 weeks pregnant, and I'm starting to feel a little different. I've been getting waves of nausea here and there, although not enough to really affect anything. I get dizzy occasionally, too. And I find myself getting really tired without any reason! It was definitely tough to get up and go to work today, especially with the mornings getting darker and the long weekend behind me! I notice I'm having to get up and go to the bathroom much more than usual. I'm not sure if that's a symptom or coincidence.


So I didn't update with my blood test results on Thursday like I was supposed to! But my third beta was 3,396. So I have had two subsequent results that increased as they were supposed to. Apparently the level itself doesn't tell you much, it's the rate of rise that's important. So I went from 82.5 to 216 in 48 hours (it's supposed to double in 48 hours, so that was good), and then from 216 to 3,396 in 7 days, which was also good.


My first ultrasound is Monday the 13th!!! Eeek. :)


So anyway, above is the first photo of the baby candidates! We transferred two because it just seemed like a gamble to only put 1 back. However, now I'm freaking out a bit at the thought of twins. I guess I never thought it would work, you know? Anyway - I think it's just one. As disappointed as that makes my sister!
I do want to write a long post about our journey to get here. I have hesitated, though - it seems too soon to look back as if we've succeeded, really. Plus it'll be a pretty long post. So bear with me.
It made me a little sad at first to miss a big trip with friends this weekend, but we've been trying for this for so long that I'm happy to have a reason to take care of myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment