Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

The First Ultrasound!


A few days late, of course, but I had my first ultrasound - and last appointment at the fertility clinic for quite a while - on Monday! We saw the baby! THE baby. Just one. :) Hooray for that!
It was the most amazing experience. It was certainly an odd feeling to go back to the office where I've received so much bad news in the past for such a happy occasion! Rob was able to get out of work early for the appointment, and I planned to work from home. We were ushered right into the ultrasound room when we got there. Heidi the u/s tech is such a sweet person. I certainly feel like I know her well, after all the times she's had to insert the good ol' dildo cam (the vaginal ultrasound, FYI). Right away, she exclaimed that there was one baby on board! She walked us through the measurements and all that could be seen. The little "cashew" (her size comparison) is measuring perfectly - right on track.
It's hard to even describe the feeling of seeing the heartbeat. I've never been so truly amazed and awed. Rob's face when he saw it was the sweetest thing ever. It is measuring at 149 beats per minute, also right on track.
So I've "graduated" from the reproductive endocrinologist. Another weird feeling! It's still just so unbelievable. Through all the treatments, you really lose sight of why you're doing it. I don't think I truly believed I would ever get pregnant.
The rest of the week has been good! I travelled some for work and it went well. I have to pack little snacks for myself, though, because if I don't eat every 2-3 hours, I feel like I'm going to pass out! I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can, but it seems like I'm eating so much more!
I know I need to get an obstetrician. That's the next item on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment