Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Starting Words



Hi! Thanks for finding my blog. I've never thought of myself as someone who would pick this up - I mean, why am I so interesting people would want to read what I think? But given recent developments in my story...and my admittedly poor memory...I thought I'd give this a try!





So I'm Jill! I'm married to an awesome guy named Rob. I consider us "Already a Family," hence the title. It drives me nuts when people ask "When are you going to start a family?" As if our lives aren't complete. We started a family the day we got married! You can totally be a family of two. Or a family of five in some respects - we do have three dogs that round out the house! I'm so happy with our life together, we're incredibly lucky.





The event that drove me to start recording my experiences was finding out our latest in a long line of fertility treatments was successful! Woo hoo! I'll detail our journey in another post, but it was a long time coming. The only problem - I totally don't feel pregnant, and it totally doesn't seem real. I love Rob, and it's adorable that he's over-the-moon excited, but he's telling every person in the world and I'm afraid to jinx it. I have a follow-up blood test this Thursday (my third), so maybe I'll be more comfortable after that?



Speaking of not feeling pregnant, the photo I added here is of Rob and me on our recent day trip to Block Island. Where I did a few things pregnant ladies are not supposed to do...share a pitcher of spiked frozen lemonade and ride a moped. (Wow, that is totally one of those words where if you look at it long enough, you can't figure out if you misspelled it! How can moped, i.e., a motorized scooter-y thing, and moped, i.e., pouted, be the same word?!) I guess I just spent so much time in past cycles acting like I was pregnant, just in case, that I let it all hang out after this frozen embryo transfer. Maybe another reason it doesn't feel real!

Anyway - I ramble. As usual. I have nothing new to report pregnancy-wise. I have exactly zero symptoms. So I worry in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment