Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Almost halfway there!



Sometimes, it feels like I've been pregnant forever. And then alternately, time is flying by! Very strange. It's also weird how sometimes I feel very pregnant and other times totally normal. I think my belly is bigger some days than others, too. It felt really big when I took the picture above, though!

I can also say I am 100% sure I am feeling the baby! In hindsight, now that it happens pretty consistently I suppose I have been feeling it here and there for maybe two weeks. It's a nice little feeling and it makes me smile! It's also tremendously reassuring to know the little one is in there and dancing around.

So the baby is a mango this week. I was not amused when What to Expect When You're Expecting described it as a "mango dipped in greasy cheese" due to the vernix caseosa. Despite not having had more than a whiff of nausea during this pregnancy, that really crossed a line. Not cool, WTEWYE!

So that's really all that's going on right now! The baby is moving and I'm growing. My back is getting a bit sore. As I mentioned in the last post, according to my general practioner, I've gained 6 pounds since I got pregnant...but she has a fat scale and I'm waiting until I see the OB tomorrow to get the real measurement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment